Saturday, April 22, 2017

March for Science

Minnesota got the good weather for the March for Science, while it was raining in Washington, D.C. Lots of photos.

First, the sign I made:


(I made a mistake in the spacing on the last line, so rather than waste a piece of cardboard I improvised.)

There were a lot of people there. I'm hearing estimates of 10,000, but if the Women's March was 100,000 as reported by police, I'd guess it was at least 20,000 from how long the march was and how full the area in front of the Capitol was.










This sign was made and carried by the child hidden behind the guy in the brown jacket:


It amused me because she has a pegasus unicorn saying that science is real. Not sure if it's intended to be ironic or not.
















Looking through the photos I've chosen here (out of two or three times as many I took) I realize I've selected a disproportionate number about climate change. But that's a major part of why the denigration of science matters, in my opinion, so I can't apologize.

No comments: