Sunday, January 21, 2018

Four Signs from the Women's Marches, 2018

I didn't go to a march this weekend, since the Minnesota organizers decided early on to plan an indoor event, in a place that only holds only 2,500. I guess it may have been something to do with limitations on public spaces because of the impending Superbowl, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Anyway, there were hundreds of thousands of people marching against Trump in lots of cities, breaking records in Los Angeles, Austin, Las Vegas... Here are the signs I liked best when they came through my social media.

The first three are all on a similar theme:






The last one is just funny (and true):


Despite the large turnouts, the marches got very little media coverage. Remember back in 2009-10 when the Tea Party got covered if a hundred people showed up in a park? And they got to give a nationally televised response to the State of the Union?

I wonder what was different about them. Hmm.

No comments: